Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Toodles and Squish and Mummy and Daddy

Welcome!
I named this blog after my children.  Toodles is currently 3y4m old.  Squish is 7 months.  I'll talk about our preschool/tot school "homeschool," our journey with allergies, parenthood, living "green" and whatever else comes up.

Toodles is my spirited, observant, affectionate, stubborn preschooler.  He knows what he wants, and he will find a way to get it.  He is shy at times, and he never reveals a skill without completely perfecting it in private (the best example of this is the time he counted 1-7 out of the blue, after weeks of refusing to practice counting with us).  He has quite the little temper on him, but also knows how to use his stubbornness for good.  He has never been rambunctious, and he's not what some would call "ALL BOY."  He genuinely thinks he is a very short 30 year old--this is both a blessing and a curse.  The kid makes a mean pie crust, but I would really prefer that he not play with the food processor unsupervised.  He loves blanket forts, puzzles and One Direction.  Toodles suffers from seasonal allergies, and is allergic to eggs and dairy (more on that later).


Squish is spunky, joyful, and brave.  He goes-with-the-flow but is adventurous.  He is far more likely than his older brother to be the first one out on the playground trying something new or exploring a trail into the woods.  He loves his big brother, avocado, and sensory balls.  He plays hard and sleeps well.  Squish has MSPI (milk soy protein intolerance).  Because he is breast-fed, this means that I avoid dairy and soy in my own diet.

I'm a stay-at-home-mom, previously kindergarten teacher.  I love books, coffee and wine, though not always in that order--depends on who has or has not napped that day ;-)  My husband and I are working hard to raise down-to-earth, intelligent, motivated and generous kids in the Washington, DC area.  We're a little crunchy, but they won't let us call ourselves "totally crunchy" because we vaccinate.  On schedule.  No exceptions.

Thanks for joining me!  I hope you'll keep reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment