Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Balsamic Glazed Chicken and Peach Kebabs

Summer most kindly gave us one final, beautiful batch of peaches.

Oh good gracious was I excited.

Obviously, the first thing I did was eat about 9 of them.  Then I decided to play in the kitchen a bit.

From the garden, I gathered some basil and a few zavory peppers.

These little beauties were a surprising find from our local nursery.  They grow abundantly and easily.  One medium-sized plant yields hundreds of 2" long, stunning red fruits with a gentle heat and a fresh, "botanical" flavor.  Last year, our zavories were a little more sweet.  This year, they're a bit more spicy.  We love them.

Sorry.  Tangent.



I chopped up the zavories and some basil.  I added red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, honey, and some olive oil.  I added some white wine, too, because it was sitting there on the counter mocking me and needed to be used.

I threw some cut-up chicken in there for a nice long bath while we took the kids to the park (but not before setting some aside for the peaches).

Upon returning, we skewered the chicken and some cut up peaches.  I brushed the peaches with the reserved marinade and put everything on the grill.

My lawd.


Pile that all on a plate, drizzle with a bit more balsamic and sprinkle with julienned basil.  We also added lemon basil cous cous, a crisp salad, and red wine.  The red wine is important.

1 comment: